John Terry is Irreplacable - warns Gary Cahill - Sportsblog

Feed yourself with everything about sport.

test

Thursday 23 March 2017

John Terry is Irreplacable - warns Gary Cahill


      Gary Cahill has warned Antonio Conte that John Terry will never be able to be replaced at Chelsea.

    The veteran defender is coming to the end of his career and it remains to be seen whether Terry will stay at Chelsea beyond the summer transfer window.Terry has been mainly limited to substitute appearances this season for the Blues but will be hoping to play his part in helping Chelsea lift the Premier League title.

       Cahill has excelled in the captain’s role for Chelsea this season, helping Antonio Conte’s men build a 10-point lead at the top of the Premier League table.And England star Cahill has warned Conte that Terry will never be able to be replaced at Stamford Bridge.

       Cahill toldThe London Evening Standard:

       “I would never try to fill John Terry’s boots. You can never fill that position.

       “When I took over as captain this season,either through him not being picked or not being available, it was a privilege to do that.

Antonio Conte's resilience made me stay - Diego Costa
   

       “Firstly, I have learned from how he manages himself, how he plays and how he does things.“But secondly, I never thought for one minute, or will ever think, that I’m replacing him.

        “He is right at the top and whoever comes in after him is never going to achieve what he’s done at the club.

          “Nothing has changed in my game since I had that armband, apart from the fact I’m now 31 and I have learned a lot from someone like him.

       “I will continue to learn from him while he is at the club.”

      Chelsea, who the heavy favourites to lift the premier league trophy, take on Crystal Palace in their next Premier League game after the international break at Stamford Bridge on April 1.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Name:
Email:
Phone no: